Sell to Us
Think of us as the "hobby recyclers". Do you have, or have you acquired, a bunch of plastic models, wooden kits, model railroad items, related books and publications? We purchase these kinds of things all the time. Our customers love that we can offer "gently used" items of older vintage and usually less expensive than current offerings.
- Kits need to be complete and NOT started or missing parts.
- We do NOT purchase built models.
- We buy ALL types of used model trains (HO & N scale) -- our offers will be based on condition, packaging and if the units need servicing.
- We regret we are pretty fussy about books and publications. We ONLY buy books that specifically refer to colour schemes, technical data, scale drawings and other information useful to modellers. We have had to cut back on histories and coffee table (general) type books.
- We NO LONGER purchase back issue comic books, trade paperbacks or comic-related merchandise -- it's really not our thing anymore.
HOW IT WORKS
The process is simple: if you have a few items, simply bring them in, we will make you an offer and settle up on the spot.
If you have a number of items that we will need time to assess and appraise, bring them by and we will check them over and when we are finished, we will then make you an offer.
If you have a lot of items, or it is not possible for you to get them here we may be interested to come to you. We will travel for items of interest to us. (We recently traveled to Petawawa to acquire a kit collection).
PLEASE NOTE: We will NEVER sell your item(s) until our offer is made and accepted.
We can pay cash (subject to having funds in the store) for lots up to $200. Amounts over that will be paid by company cheque. If you would rather store credit, we offer that as an option and the amount is typically higher than a cash offer.
Email us or drop by and discuss what we can do together.